Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thrifting Finds 12.01.10- Elmhurst, IL Goodwill

Its snowing outside and I'm self-banished to my house even though I *really* want to stop by the Clybourne Salvation Army in Chicago. Oh well...we'll see how the weather is in about an hour.

A few days ago after work I drove to the Goodwill in Elmhurst to unwind and scout goods. I found some really nice things- it was quite a joy. Among the finds were linen pillows, a Wedgwood china box and brand new, sealed French linen waters. I slept very well that night!

Linen Pillows
Linen pillows have always been on my ultimate wish-list. However, I have trouble finding the exact pillow that I picture in my mind. Someday, I need to take a sewing class.

These particular pillows were high on the shelf above the linens. Since I'm barely 5' tall, there was a little jumping involved. After passing visual and smell test (don't take dirty, stinky pillows home!!), I loaded all four into the cart.




Upon taking the pillows home, I removed the pillow inserts, turned the cases inside out and washed all of them on the delicate cycle. I allowed the pillows and covers to air-dry.

At first I was worried about the pillows blending into the decor, but it turned out pretty decent!
 



Wedgwood Trinket Box
Perfect condition and beautiful and $3.99! It was immediately washed and added to the top of the dresser in my wardrobe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment