Thursday, July 29, 2010

31 Days to A Brand New Blog Challenge!

Fall is coming! No matter how I old I get, I always link "new changes" with the start of the new school year. I start planning in late July/early August and get super excited when August 15th rolls around.

This year has brought many unforseen changes in all aspects of my life. On January 1st, I could not have even imagined some of the following:
  • Becoming the Executive Director of an organization that I've cherished since the day that I started as a volunteer intern in 2006.
  • Finally parting ways with one of the biggest blessing and burdens in my professional career.
  • A much needed vacation the islands during one of the most crucial turning points in my life.
  • Internalizing the concept that I must be vocal and have the courage to demand what I want and be willing to accept the consequences of my actions.
Some of these may seem simple or even minute to the average bystander, but they are "giant leaps" for me. All of these inward and outward actions (even those unspoken) has opened the door to possibilities and roads that I never thought was possible for me.

I'm always seeking ways to work on self-improvement and build the micro-community around me. One of my goals was to start blogging personally and professionally. For the past year, I've been reading the blog and Twitter accounts of Rosetta Thurman, a non-professional in Washington D.C.  Her blog is filled with a wealth of information about non-profit professionals and personal branding. It came at just the right time for me!

Again, Rosetta's blog has come to the rescue. I've been stuck in a rut with blogging since my new premier on July 4th and her 31 Days to A Brand New Blog Challege is just the kickstart that I need. Please support me in my new efforts to become a "real blogger"! Learn more about Rosetta Thurman and her blog challenge here.

In the meanwhile, follow my efforts on Twitter under the name @Mahoganione.

-Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment